Friday, October 30, 2009

Camping Trip

At the end of September, we took a trip to the Kimichi River. It was Clint's parents, Connie & Dean, and Cody & Leslie, and the four of us. I'm not really a camping kind of person, but loved watching the kids enjoy themselves and spending time with family. We stayed in a "cabin" (thank goodness - couldn't imagine a tent!), and Cody cooked for us the whole time - can't beat that! We fished, panned for gold (supposedly there's gold in that river - I didn't find any), hunted for arrowheads, fed the ducks, and found a couple of snakes - yikes! It was a beautiful campground, and the kids really enjoyed it. We may have to go again - in a couple of years - lol.
































Ok, she's chewing on her shirt and her face is dirty, but look at those big eyes!








Stick your tongue out at me, and I'll post it online - lol.











Aunt Connie brought stuff for smores - yummmm!
Caught on fire!











Another one on fire! lol









































































































Snuggling up to Aunt Connie.








































































Like a baby bird.....
































































































Look what I found!!!!!












I told him to stop throwing rocks before someone got hurt. Next thing I know, he's complaining that he hurt his head - yes - he managed to throw a rock up in the air that landed on his own head.










































I found this interesting rock with a natural "1" broken into it. I tossed it down, and was talking about it later. Clint said he was surprised I didn't keep it. We went back down to the riverbank the next day, and I asked him if he thought I could find it again (amongst the millions of other rocks). He said "Ha - no way." Don't tell me I can't do something - I found it within two minutes just to prove him wrong -lol.




















No comments: