Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Alyssa

We really enjoyed having Alyssa here with us for two weeks. I thought she might get a little bored being "way out here in the country", but I think she had a great time. The kids loved having her here, and she was also a big help with them. My favorite part of her visit was getting to do crafty things with her. She's like me and loves all things crafty! Lolo taught her to crochet when she was six years old (I think), but she could only remember how to do square things. While she was here, she learned how to read patterns (and picked it up super-quick!), and made her mom an adorable little pig for a surprise birthday present, and she also made a cute little cupcake. She used the same pattern that I used when I made the kids some for Valentine's Day. She even sewed seed bead "sprinkles" on her purple cupcake. I had left the sprinkles off of mine, and rightfully so. Gracie tried to bite them off when she got her hands on Alyssa's! Hopefully Alyssa will come back again next summer. I'll start making a list of new crafts to try while she's here! :)
I love this picture!












Chocolate chip wheat free pancakes - pretty tasty!


How I love having a niece that enjoys crafty things!! :)
How cute are those??
Getting close to my height.
Just about Kerry's height.
A whole lot taller than Lolo!

No comments: