Monday, December 22, 2008

A visit with the real Santa


Tracy and I took the kids to the mall to sit on Santa's lap (the kids, not Tracy and I - haha). What a handsome Santa he was too. Fisher had no problems hopping right up and describing (probably in great detail) what was on his wish list. Gracie was a little nervous and unsure, but having her big brother there made it tolerable.

She's a little nervous here........









Look at his hands - he's probably saying "The army jeep with the doors and hood that open like this........."






Hey - this Santa guy isn't so scary after all - now where is my candy cane?







If you noticed the title of my post, this will explain why I said the "real Santa". About a week after this, Tracy and I were in Walgreens with the kids. I had a small list, so she walked around the store with the kids. The employees were dressed up and taking free Santa pictures for the kids. Tracy got their picture made, and afterwards, Fisher told Santa that he wasn't the real Santa. We already saw the real Santa at the mall. You're just an old man in a Santa suit trying to fool me. Ugh!!! I later found out from mom that this was a line in the movie "Elf". She was telling Linda P. about what he said, and she asked if he had ever seen the movie, because that was a line from it. Now, he has seen the movie at mom's house, but it has been months ago (as far as I know). How he remembers things like that, and then applies it to real life situations, is beyond me. I think I'm just glad that he did it with Tracy, and not me!!!

No comments: